So you are ready to get you first airbrush tan? Or maybe you are already a pro at it…either way here are some good tips and tricks to make sure you get the most out of your new bronze look!
Here’s how to prepare:
1) Shave either the night before or the morning of your appointment. (If you’re waxing, make sure to do it at least 24 hours before your appointment so the solution doesn’t sink into your pores too deeply— you don’t want little brown polka dots on your legs!)
2) Exfoliate thoroughly (especially in places that are rough or dry, like elbows, knees, and feet.) If you don’t exfoliate properly, the tanning solution will look darker or uneven in those rough areas and it won’t fully soak into your skin.
3) Don’t wear any makeup, lotion, or deodorant when you arrive at the tanning salon. These all act as barriers, which will keep the solution from soaking into your skin.
4) Arrive wearing dark, baggy clothes to avoid staining and don’t wear undergarments if you can help it. Anything constricting has the potential to run away at your freshly-bronzed skin.
Once you get your tan, make sure you:
1) Leave plenty of time for it to soak in. Don’t plan on showering or getting wet for at least 8-12 hours. (Use dark sheets if you’re sleeping with a fresh tan to avoid staining, what usually comes off is the bronzer NOT your tan!)
2) Moisturize very frequently (at least twice a day.) This keeps your skin happy, even, and soft, so your tan will last much longer.
3) Adjust your makeup routine… your skin will be darker, and your makeup should reflect that. Just please don’t make your face scary tan dark…that NEVER looks natural!
Have you ever had an airbrush tan? What about a spray tan in a booth? Which do you prefer? Do you have any special tips for making your color last? Or do you prefer porcelain skin? Tell me about it in the comments!